Friday 11 March 2011

Down Down Deeper and Down.

It turns out that everyone had weird dreams last night.  I had put my weird dreams down to my own consumption of Yak cheese before bed time, but it must have more to do with the thin air and strong winds.

After breakfast we make our move away from the mountains and back towards the river and trees.  It gets easier as the air gets thicker and breathing is no longer so much effort.  The group soon splits u pas everybody finds their own pace.  We stop for lunch at River View a beautiful spot as you would expect right by the river.  I walk down to the banks and sit on a rock whilst I wait for my lunch to be cooked and do a little Ki meditation.

Soon after I am back on the mainland Mark, Tammie and their Sherpas arrive.  They all order Dhal Bhat which they tuck into in traditional Nepalese style with their hands.  The sun is out but clouds are forming over the mountains.  It seems the timing of the trip could not have been better.  Last night at the Hotel I met a guy from the Lebanon, he was finding the trek tough going and had brought way too much stuff, he was looking extremely tired that evening and the next morning.  I hope the clouds start to clear when he reaches Kyangjin.

As we head down we meet more and more people moving up, it has been very quiet whilst I was in the mountains and I am glad I managed to miss the start of the busy season.

We are meant to spend the night at a guest house just past Lama Hotel it has stunning views but unfortunately a large group are destined to be there that evening and we decide to move onto Bamboo, the village where I had lunch on day one, we have plenty of time.

When we reach Bamboo around an hour and a half later the Swiss man is there and he has nearly finished his book which he hadn't even started when we first met.  He is heading back down and despite being obviously disappointed that his adventure was cut short he seems to be keeping his chin up, apparently some chicken was his undoing.  There is also an Austrian lady on her way back down to Syabrubensi her and Swiss guy chat away happily in German.

Geljin informs me that we we have descended 1700m today.  To put that into context that is twice the distance that Snowdon is above sea level.  It hasn't been to tough due to the decreasing altitude but the sun is still out although the wind is picking up and people are starting to get their washing in.

That evening is a strange one.  Mark and Tammie are staying in a hotel down from ours, I was planning on joining them but my mood was not a good one, I am not sure why.  I stayed in my room and listened to music, went to dinner and then headed to bed hoping my mood will have lifted by the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment