Monday 21 March 2011

My Special Day.

I have had an ace Birthday.  I get to work and all the children have brought me little bunches of flowers that they have picked themselves as well as some origami flowers and birds.  I get in the classroom and there is a Birthday message for me on the blackboard. We make party hats and the children sing me happy birthday whilst passing me my gifts, it is so sweet, all the children have signed a card for me too.  The teacher also has a gift for me a Thanka painting of Buddha that her Nephew painted.  It is fantastic, he is studying at a Thanka Art School in Kathmandu.  This is all totally unexpected and very touching.  They are all so sweet.

We play pass the parcel and musical statues, and eat lots of cake and sweets.  Tonight I am going to eat pizza.

All in all a top birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Great that you've had such a memorable birthday filled with simple treats. I look forward to seeing the Thanka painting - a very special gift. The children sound delightful! x

    ReplyDelete