Saturday 12 March 2011

The Final Day of Walking.

I wake up a little early, get dressed and I have a wonder round and take some photo's (As well as the colour photo's I have posted on Facebook I am also taking some on high contrast black and white film.  I will process these when I get home.) before slowly packing and heading for my last breakfast amongst the mountains.  I have a cup of black tea and an omelet between two pieces of Tibetan bread.  Mark was eating this the other morning and it looked and is delicious.  When I asked Geljin for it the night before he couldn't stop laughing, not traditional tuck I guess.

I say my goodbye's to Mark as he is heading back up another mountain today to see the frozen lakes, the weather looks like it is only going to get worse, I'm sure he'll cope though its going to get bloody cold if it starts snowing.

The journey back is fairly uneventful, although we do see a lot of monkeys jumping around in the trees and hanging out on rocks, one was only a couple of meters away!  We also saw some evidence of honey theft.  A rope ladder had been left near a rock face, you could see where there was once large combs of honey there was now only angry bees.

We get back to Syabrubensi at about 11:30 I drink a couple of Sprites and wolf down a mixed chowmein.  The Swiss guy and Tammie both turn up at the same hotel a little while later as does the Austrian lady we chat for a while before I head out to find some lip salve, my lips got quite badly cracked whilst in Kyangjin. I find a place just up the road selling tubes of Dr Lips. It seems to be doing the job.  After that there is nothing to do but have a nap, listen to some music and get ready for the long bus ride home.  The bus leaves at 6:30 next morning.

Hazaar!  A man has turned up and he has a Jeep.  He will drive us back to Kathmandu for about 1250 rupees each.  This is a bargain no bus for me tomorrow and a slightly later start.

No comments:

Post a Comment